Have 10 hours/month to spare? We've got the position for you! SARA is looking for an equipment manager. Please take a look at the description below and contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
The Volunteer equipment manager is in charge of equipment used by SARA’s athletes and members. Duties include purchasing, maintenance, repair, inventory, transportation, storage, cleaning as required and liquidation. The equipment manager is responsible for providing the proper equipment and supplies to teams for the season.
- Enthusiasm and ability to support volunteers in their roles.
- Good communication and personnel relations skills.
- Able to work with others to resolve areas of potential conflict.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Efficiency and organizational skills.
- Able to work with the Board and identify requirements for replacement, repair and purchase to maintain inventory.
- Basic computer skills. MAIN DUTIES
- Maintain an inventory of ringette uniforms and equipment
- Distribute the uniforms and equipment to teams at the beginning of the season
- Responsible for purchasing additional uniforms and equipment as required • Arrange for repair of damaged equipment
- Monitor the storage facility
- Coordinate the return of uniforms and equipment at the end of the season
- Attend all executive meetings and support related activities (equipment swap, school ringette etc)
- Identify volunteers required for equipment distribution and return activities
- Support equipment needs for tournaments when required (first aide kits, rings etc)
- Develop communication with all volunteers in order to:
- Identify potential issues ahead of time
- Receive feedback on opportunities identified by the volunteer
- To support them in their role
- Submit reports to the Executive.
- Ensure volunteers are reimbursed for out of pocket expenses in accordance with Executive.
- Attendance at Board meetings as necessary.
- Flexibility to work with other volunteers in co-ordination roles (e.g. team managers, coaches etc.),
- A time commitment of up to 10 hours a month is expected, however this may vary slightly during the preseason or in the lead up to special events.