CHANGES TO COACH REQUIREMENTS AND TRAINING
Update for 2015-2016 Season
From Caleigh Shaw (RAB)
PLEASE NOTE: There are important changes coming from the CAC (Coaching Association of Canada) and Ringette Canada, Ringette Alberta must comply for their coaching certification during the upcoming season.
- Making Ethical Decisions (MED) has been made a SEPARATE COURSE. These courses will be offered throughout the fall, and there will be enough opportunity for all coaches to attend. There are PROS and CONS to this process, but in the Long Term development for coaches it is a positive. These course will occur during an evening (approx. 3 hours), and information on how to register will be release later in August. However, this information will now only be delivered ONCE for both the CSI (Community) and CI (Competitive) streams, meaning if coaches take the course, they will not need to relearn the material when they advance to U14 (or U12A). This allows us to shorten the classroom time of both the CSI and the CI.
IMPORTANT: There are still TWO streams for the ONLINE – Making Ethical Decisions, so coaches moving from CSI to CI will have to go online and compete the Making Ethical Decisions that is appropriate for their stream. However, coaches that have already completed either the CSI or CI course and their online MED will NOT have to take this course, only new coaches.
- The CSI course will now have a generic pre-course. This is for THIS YEAR ONLY, as it is a transition year, and will be developed into an E-Module for 2016-2017. Please bear with us for this process, our facilitators will deliver these 3 hour generic courses on a week night for the Capital Region, and for more remote locations it will be included to make the course a Friday evening and Saturday day for both the generic and Community Sport course.
- The CSI, piloted the last two years as a ONE day course, had the downfall of being TOO much information jam packed into one day. Removal of the MED and the generic module will help the Community Sport Initiation Course focus on the more Ringette Specific aspects and give the coaches the fundamentals they need for the year.
- The CI course, which used to be presented as a CI#1 and CI#2 will now be delivered together over ONE weekend. Ideally, this weekend will have a Friday night classroom booking, all day Saturday classroom booking, with an ice time during the day, and an all day Sunday booking with ice time morning or early afternoon.
- Last year we offered a grandfathering program. For this season, coaches moving up to U14B and above will be required to take the Competitive Introduction course (CI).
RINGETTE CANADA LINKS:
Please refer to the following links for further clarification on related Coach Requirements for the 2015-2016 Season.
CSI Coach Pathway - 2015
Competition (CI) Coach Pathway - 2015
If you have any further questions please email me at email@example.com
Development Director - SARA